Programming is essential in this digital age to
enhance the power of the internet and computers. It speeds up both the output
and input processes of machines. Programming languages can communicate with computers
in a systematic manner. In this era, every device can be linked to the cloud
via a programming language. With the help of these languages, programmers can
instruct different computer functions. According to research from The Cloud Foundry Foundation, programming languages such as R and Python have seen immense growth;
“More than 3 billion devices run Java! Well-trained, highly skilled Java
professionals are in demand.” – www.education.oracle.com
Java: The Programming Language
Let’s understand what Java is? and Java Certification. We will also explain why Java Certification Training Classes Online could be helpful for you.
Java can be described as a high level and general-purpose programming language. It was originally designed for developing various programs for handheld devices and set-top boxes; however, later it became a go-to language for creating web applications. Java is class-based and concurrent. It is an object-oriented programming language.
Java programming language is easy to use, write, compile, debug, and learn as compared to other languages. You get higher cross-functionality and portability. It is extremely popular at the enterprise, embedded and network levels with a large active user community.
Java Certifications: Levels, Certifications & Cost
Oracle Java Certification exams are offered online. Some of them are conducted at approved testing sites.
Oracle’s Java Certification Path has the following levels:
• Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
• Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
• Oracle Certified Expert (OCE)
• Oracle Certified Master (OCM)
Every Java certification has multiple versions of the same certification for Java SE or Java EE categories.
Java Certifications can be divided in 3 categories:
• Java SE (Standard Edition)
• Java EE (Enterprise Edition)
• Java ME (Micro Edition)
Java SE (Standard Edition): SE certifications converge on the Standard Edition (SE) software and Java Platform. They provide capabilities in programming fundamentals and developing, determining and performing code using the Java platform.
Three levels: Associate, Professional, and Master. An associate certification must be achieved before preparing for the professional and master levels.
• Java Foundations Certified Junior Associate. (novice-level certification)
• Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer.
• Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer.
• Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 5/SE 6.
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer.
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer. (upgrade from Java SE 6 and all prior versions)
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer. (upgrade from Java SE 7)
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer.
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer. (upgrade)
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer.
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer. (upgrade)
• Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 6 Developer.
Java EE (Enterprise Edition): These certifications prove an individual’s understanding of Java’s Enterprise Edition platform for the development for business applications. They also prove your ability to achieve Java application extension at an organizational level.
• Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Certified Master.
• Java (EE) Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment.
• Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Java Server Faces Developer.
• Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Component Developer.
• Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Services Developer.
• Oracle Certified Expert, EE 6 Java Persistence API Developer.
• Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer.
Java ME (Micro Edition): This certification is for those who are willing to demonstrate their expertise of Java Platform, Micro Edition (ME). It is suitable for those who use Java to produce applications for smartphones and mobile devices. Individuals must have a general programming certification before applying for Java ME certification.
The Oracle Certified Professional, Java ME 1 Mobile Application Developer certification.
Java Certification Cost: Oracle Java Certification prices vary from country to country. They depend on the country you are planning to take it from and the exam code.
Example: Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer with code 1Z0-808, costs $245 in the USA, and €212 in Europe.
Certification specific costs can be viewed at Oracle University Portal. One of the convenient options is to go through the online Java Certification Training classes.
Which one is right for you?
Oracle Java Certifications can help you with better job, promotion and financial opportunities while validating your skills and knowledge of the technology. Many employers value the contribution and need for Java certified professionals.
Which certification to do could depend on multiple factors such as your present job requirements, your career goals, your current certification status and what you want to focus on.
The basic Java certification is appropriate for those who are new to this programming language. It helps you to understand and articulate the language of the technology industry.
Therefore, depending on your specific need, you may choose a suitable Java Certification.